Thank-you Suji, for the Beautiful Blogger Award! I enjoy a peek into what’s working for you and your amazing son. I’ve followed many a lead from your book and resource reviews and lists.
Here are a few of my favorite blogs I’ve discovered in the last year, in random order:
Red Sea School: This blog isn’t new, but it’s a recent find for me. It’s an honest, unvarnished look at homeschooling gifted children combined with soul-searching with a self-critical eye. Now that sounds familiar.
Traveling Jews: Again, this blog has been around for a few years, but it’s a new find for me. Ruth in NC shares her homeschooling journey as her children prepare for life beyond homeschooling. I’m taking notes, Ruth!
Raising Global Citizens: This one’s new. Thanks, Karen, for your challenge to stretch your reader’s comfort zone. Keeping social action and global awareness at the forefront of one’s studies is a noble and worthy goal.
Library of Books, Links, & More: Subadra, your lists, energy, and kids just blow me away. Your site is a first stop for online resources and books — just what’s needed when one homeschools kids who always want to know more.
1. Thank person who gave you the award. Again, thank you Suji!
2. Pass it on to 15 favorite bloggers you’ve just recently discovered. I’ve picked four favorites instead, for the sake of brevity, for which I’m really not known.
3. Let them know they got the award. I’ll be leaving a comment on your blogs.
4. Share 7 things about yourself.
Seven Things About Me
1. I’m a practicing (twice a month) physician assistant in a private family practice.
2. My current knitting project is a chain maille head-piece (wool yarn and or my younger son).
3. I’m slowly retiring from La Leche League and have 7 years of helping breastfeeding moms under my bra belt.
4. I’ve been divorced for 2 months after 15 years of marriage.
5. I’m a newer Unitarian Universalist and enjoy my spiritual journey.
6. My boys and I foster cats for the Michigan Humane Society. Six kittens rule our house now, and I think they’re in charge.
7. I’d like to publish my writing some day, hopefully sooner than later.